basically, anyone reading this knows that tumblr + studying = difficult. we’re all procrastinators. so i thought i’d share my favorite ways to crack down, not suck, and make it through finals week. you’ll need
- this or this. it’ll whip your ass into gear. you name a list of websites that distract you, set a timer, and bam. no more hour long study breaks. the best - or worst - part is, it can’t be undone by the application, by deleting the application, or by restarting the computer. you just gotta wait, and if you’re going to wait, you may as well study.
- goals. when you sit down to study, write down everything you’re going to do. then do it. aimlessly staring at your books won’t do shit.
- something to listen to. i suggest movie scores, song covers by the vitamin string quartet, or white noise.
- a queue. if you’re really obsessed with keeping your blog up to date, set aside some time, fatten up your queue, and let your blog run itself for a few days.
- breaks. during your breaks, dance, run around, work out, go for a walk, talk to your friends, call your mom. going back on the internet is an easy way to get out of the mood, so i wouldn’t suggest it.
- tea and coffee - if not for the caffeine, then for the feeling of cozying up with your text books and feeling studious.
- a place to study. it doesn’t matter if it’s in a coffee house, a library, or your kitchen table. as long as your bed’s not in sight and tempting you into a nap, you’re good.
that’s all i’ve got. i’d try to think of more, but that, my friends, would be procrastinating. off to study.
bringing this back because IT’S THAT TIME AGAIN
I will need this soon ish
Seriously Simon you need to stop calling me two seconds after I’ve just finished a gig and used up all my energy spending three hours doing the same pose over and over again and then walking out of the shoot to go fly to Miami so I can tap some random birds and fire hydrants for more energy because I already tapped every bird and fire hydrant in Southern California and when I tap those birds and fire hydrants I don’t get any energy anyway so I have to drag myself back to the photoshoot and the photographer is oblivious to the fact that I just up and walked out and just keeps taking pictures that I never even get to see. You are seriously the manager from hell and my social life is a mess because my so called girlfriend just calls me out of the blue and says we should break up and she’s basic anyway and has no appreciation for all the bottles of wine I buy and the fancy ass dinners where she insults my outfit and then we go straight to kissing because that’s apparently a sign of a healthy relationship in this town.
But yeah I’ll take the gig.
Let me just say, just because you eat healthily and work out doesn’t necessarily mean you ARE healthy
Being afraid of sugar, a piece of cake, or anything not clean is not “healthy”
Being pissed and anxious and upset and mad at yourself for missing one day of working out is not “healthy”
Your entire life revolving around food, exercising and being healthy is not “healthy”
Just putting that out there
the most perfect post in the world